Thursday, February 8, 2007

Feeling fine @ 39!

February 8th 1968 was a significant day in my life.
Yep, it was the day I was born.
It's my 39th birthday. The good news is I don't feel any different today.
I was awoken by my twin boys and wife blowing noise makers in my face while I was in bed, so my morning got off to a rousing start.
Frankly I don't need any gifts as Christmas seemed like yesterday. A new set of golf clubs would be nice though.
I am blessed to have my wife and kids in my life, and spending the day with them who be the ultimate, but the show must go on.
How will I spend my birthday? Like I do most years...on a bus.
The Rockets are off to the Tri Cities today to meet the Americans tomorrow night.
The team heads south of the border after a brief stop at BP's for lunch and then the 6 and a half hour bus ride begins.
I can't believe this is our first trip to Kenniwick, Washington this season, and we have just 18 games left in the regular season.
I don't know what it is about trips down there, but it always feels like the ends of the earth.
The trip is as boring as it gets, as once you hit the border you can see for miles with no towns in site.
The highlite of the day will likely be getting harassed at the border, as the border guards strip us of all our dignity by pulling virtually everything out of the bus, just incase we are sneaking an orange across the border.
I know they are doing their job, but sometimes these guys are a little over the top.

See ya in the Tri Cities.

No comments: