Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Crying Over Clouston's Departure-Not!/The Voice of the Canes


So my buddy Cory Clouston is off to the American Hockey League.
I say my buddy, tongue-in-cheek, because I admittedly am not a fan of the impersonal Kootenay coach. We have never had a verbal disagreement per-say, but simply Clouston wasn't a coach I'd hunt down for a pre-game interview. Clouston frankly made you feel like you were wasting his valuable time, and I am not the only broadcasters to think this way.
But to Clouston's defense, he did some pretty remarkable things with that team over his time in 'Kootenay Country', and he did what coaches are suppose to do...win. He could take a good old fashioned Dale Carnegie course in my opinion, but their is no need to change his coaching style.
While Clouston will be named the new head coach of the Binghamton Senators, the team announced Tuesday they are hosting the 2008 AHL All-Star game.
_______________________________________

A new face, or should I say voice is joining the Western Hockey League this season.
The Lethbridge Hurricanes have named Pat Siedlecki as the teams new radio broadcaster. Siedlecki beat out close to 50 applicants for the honor. Siedlecki most recently called games with the Naniamo Clippers of the BCHL. Congrats to Siedlecki, who I don't know from a hole in the ground, but will likely get to know better this season.


Now the Edmonton Oil Kings are the only team to finalize it's radio broadcaster. By the look of things, it's priority #1045 on the to-do-list, just behind what urinal cake scent the team should use in the mens washroom during Oil King home games this season.
All joking aside, the candidate who gets the Oil Kings gig better be a quick learner, with training camp not that far away.

_________________________________

My fellow blogger Ryan Switzer in Swift Current may have misinterpreted what I posted on this blog a while back about the Oil Kings radio opening.
I posted that the Edmonton Journal newspaper was reporting that James Gallo is rumored to be the new play-by-play voice of the Oil Kings. In that blog posting I did not say Gallo was a slam dunk, but was in the running for the position. I am only stating what I read, not what I heard. Switzer's blog www.ryanswitzer.blogspot.com is always a good read, and his often warped sense of humor puts him in my good books no matter what bad things he says about me! I'm joking Switzer..,I'm joking.

___________________________________

No comments: