Saturday, September 15, 2007

1-0 Rockets after 2

Colin Long's goal has given the Rockets a 1-0 lead after 40 minutes. Defenseman Tyler Myers brought the puck inside the Bruins zone on the right side, and spotted Long going hard to the net. Long simply stuck his stick out and redirected the puck past Esposito.

Shots on goal in the period were 7-5 Rockets. Shots read 15-9 after 40 minutes for Kelowna.

Second Period Observations:

  • Who is going to score for the Bruins outside of Moller and Santorelli this season? After 40 minutes it's been all perimeter shots by the Bruins. Both are healthy scratches tonight.
  • The Rockets were much more physical after failing to make contact in period one. Colin Joe and Tyson Barrie had the biggest hits in the period. Both are d-man. Now let's see it from the forwards.

  • Several veterans have elected to change numbers from last season. Cody Almond is now 12, Tysen Dowzak is 25, and Myles MacRae is 8. Last season Almond was 8, Dowzak was 26 and MacRae was 22.

  • I ate my first Prospera Place hot dog in my 7 years in Kelowna. I am pleased to say I am still alive!

1 comment:

Sir Loungealot said...

I looked into the oracle, and I saw the future. Great for Long.