Monday, September 22, 2008

I'll Admit Jung Was A Favourite!


Broadcasters are suppose to be unbiased. We are not suppose to have favourites. I could sit here at my computer and tell you that I like all players equally on the Rockets roster, but that would be an outright lie.
Torrie Jung was one of my favorites, and I'm sincerely sad to see him go. It's not what he did on the ice that won him favour in my eyes, but it was the way he treated me off the ice that had me saying "I like this dude".
The internal decision to trade for an overage goaltender, making Jung expendable won't be questioned by me because I don't have a clear understanding of why. They obviously wanted an upgrade at that position and believe they've managed that with the acquisition of Kris Lazaruk.
Good enough then.
That said, fans do have the freedom to second guess management. You can argue that Jung wasn't given a fair shake of being a starter in Kelowna this season because he didn't even play a game. Others believe he was handed the baton last season when Kristofer Westblom struggled and never took advantage of the situation. I can only trust Rockets management, and believe the decision is for the betterment of the team.
But in saying that, I'll miss Torrie Jung.
I won't so much miss Torrie Jung the player, as I will Torrie Jung the person.

1 comment:

hockeysteve said...

What ever happened to jung? Did the rockets really just drop the poor kid and leave him completely without a team? I know it's a business but we're still talking about kids here and he wasn't by any means a bad goalie. Just wondering what's going to happen to him... shouldn't they be releasing him so he can get playing again in the Q or OHL?