Monday, September 29, 2008

Ross Gets 2

The WHL suspended Blazers d-man Nick Ross for two games for his low hit on Rockets defenseman Kyle Verdino Saturday night. Verdino is at the doctors as I write this, but I hope to have more details on his status later tonight.

On another note, former Rocket Nick Tarnasky has been traded from the Tampa Bay Lightning to the Nashville Predators. Tarnasky played just 39 games with the Rockets in 2002-2003 before being traded to Lethbridge. I could come on here and tell you I knew, even when he played in Kelowna, that he would some day play at the NHL level. But that would be a total lie. I would have never dreamt that he would play 169 games at the elite level.

3 comments:

g.k said...

I think two games is the proper punishment, especially this early in the season, the league obviously is sending an early message that they won't tolerate hits to the knee!! Hey Regan have you seen the awesome scoreclock at the Events Centre in Penticton?? Puts our piece of crap to shame, don't you think??

Regan Bartel said...

I've only driven by the facility but have never been in it. From all accounts it's a beautiful building, and if the scoreclock is an upgrade from ours, I wouldn't be surprised.

Ryan said...

That little section of "video" at Prospera is more embarrassing that not having any video screen. Bruce has enough pull that if he wanted a full screen there would be a full screen, we all know that. Maybe he doesn't want the fans to get "too comfortable" either.