Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Concerning a Previous Post

In the wake of comments on this blog concerning a hit Tyler Myers initiated on Americans forward Mitch Fadden, I want to clearly state that it was not my intention to celebrate the fact that an opposition player was injured. The Western Hockey League's mandate is to offer a safe environment for it's players, allowing them to demonstrate their skill in an effort to advance their careers. I applaud the WHL's stance on taking unfair play out of the game. I do offer my apology to those readers offended by my posting, as it could have been worded more carefully.

I appreciate most of the responses to my blog postings, but unfortunately some have gone over the line by using profanity. I will now be moderating all comments on this blog from this day forward. This was one of the last WHL blog's to implement this 'filter', but unfortunately I have no other choice.


Thanks for visiting the site.

Sincerely

Regan Bartel

11 comments:

Coreyg said...

That's good news, no more shenanigans. Lets talk hockey...Rockets hockey!!

Jared Comeau said...

Regan...you going to be watching tonight's game on the tube?

Regan Bartel said...

Wouldn't miss it. Go Spokouver.

bigkev said...

i hope spokane wins too

i wanna see the great giants cry

MG said...

hmmmm I guess in a way this is unfortunate but I totally understand. In fact Regan I believe you have the ability to "ban" people from post that do not use the blog correctly.

Anyway I sure like your blog, in fact it is one of the only ones I really read on a daily basis. People can say what they will but I have to give you credit for your pbp and keeping us informed about our team. Good job.

My view of my boring life said...

regan thank you for the appology.

and tell all your boys I'm wishing them luck from Tri-Cities. I'm hoping the Ams will be able to say we lost 2 years in a row to the Memorial Cup Champs, that way it's like 2nd place lol.

ed said...

It's just to bad that a few people always have have to go to far and take a small thing like having your post go trough right for granted. A small thing but a nice thing to have but I understand you have to do what you have to do.

grinder said...

Well I think we can all thank KBF for this..... Thanks bro

Regan Bartel said...

Post after post after post jamming it to the Rockets gets so old. We get the point. As a fellow blogger told me, don't let these type of posters ruin what you have created. I took that advice to heart. It's like a little boy who doesn't listen. After so long you have to take the toy away. The toy (commenting on this blog) will return, but the trash has to stop coming out of his mouth.

StolzHockey said...

Sayonara, KBF.

Bring on the Giants!

Jeff said...

Way to take control of things Regan. I'm all for freedom of speech, but sometimes really take it too far. Best of luck to the team the rest of the way.

(Red Deer Rebels supporter)