Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Random Pics From Vancouver

Guggs in warmup. Being a goaltender, I tend to take more than my share of pictures of them.

The waving towel that fans received before game one in Vancouver.
You will notice lots of friendly banter between fans in the WCF. This fan took the opportunity to walk up to the broadcast booth at Pacific Coliseum and show me his banner. If we can't even slightly chuckle at his attempt at changing the Rockets logo, in my opinion you are wound up just a little too tight. If I see any interesting banners in game three or four, I'll be sure to post them

This is a pic of the seats covered with white waving towels before game one Saturday night.

I love this photo. Rockets tough guy Ryley Grantham doesn't stretch in the corner. 'Granny' prefers to limber up right at the centre ice red line, where he can be seen and heard.

4 comments:

hockeygirl said...

check out the bottom of 112 for an interesting banner
tonight! :)

Rocketblade said...

Regan: I wonder if younger fans know where the "crying towel" tradition comes from (Canucks coach Roger Neilson throwing in the towel in the 1982 playoffs against Chicago). Personally I think its a tradition we should leave to Vancouver teams.

But as a good Rockets fan, I'll be waving mine tonight too.

misterwah said...

haha! A friend sent me this link - I'm the guy with the "modified" logo sign. Better pic at misterwah.ca. Cheers! -Dan

grinder said...

"tough guy"