Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Quick thoughts before game 3

  • I anticipate seventeen year old Kent Simpson starting in goal tonight for the Tips. He looked sharp in game two in a 5-2 victory. I thought his performance was better than Thomas Heemskerk, who I thought didn't look sharp in a game one 5-4 overtime victory.
  • It was suggested on this blog that the Rockets should start Mark Guggenberger in game three. Let me say that goaltending has been the least of the teams concerns in the first two games. You don't yank Brown...not now. Do you roll the dice if you go down 3 games to none and throw Guggenberger in to shake it up? I would be willing to accept that.
  • I don't anticipate Radko Gudas playing tonight for the Tips. The physical d-man didn't practice yesterday which tells me he's tender. Why would you play him when you are up 2-0 in a series? If the series is 2-2, Gudas is in. Why rush an injury when their is no need too.
  • I still haven't see the Rockets 'A' game in this series. Give me an effort like we saw in games against Vancouver and Calgary and I will accept the results. Far too many errors, bad penalties and the desire to win battles that are necessary at this time of the year are missing from this team heading into game three.
  • Who plays with more desperation tonight? If the Rockets don't, I will be disappointed. This is the Rockets game seven in my opinion. To win four straight against the Tips is just too much to ask. Sure it can be done, but their is no question games one, three, five and seven are always the most critical.

No comments: