Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Main wanting to be a pain for opponents this season

I spoke to Kelowna Rockets forward Spencer Main this morning prior to an on ice workout during day two of main camp.
Now in his fourth season, the North Vancouver resident is hoping to provide a calming influence in the dressing room and add some steady play out on the ice.

Question: Spencer, you are heading into your fourth season here in Kelowna. Hasn't time gone by quickly?

"When you think of all the games we have played and all of the good times, it was a long time ago. When I was 16, I was playing with some guys that are now playing in the NHL so it's been a long time here".

Question: What do you remember about your rookie season?

"I came into camp as a 16 year-old like Madison Bowey and Jesse Lees. I was able to practice with the team before, so I knew the guys and my billets were set up. I was really comfortable coming into camp and I thought I preformed well".

Question: Tell me about your summer?

"I took the first two weeks off after the season and just hung out. I had to get a job for the first time this summer, so that was something new to me. I worked at a golf course. It was interesting and fun once it got nice out it was more enjoyable. The first couple of months down in Vancouver were pretty rainy."

Question: I would figure you will play a leadership role with the team this season?

"Being one of the 19 year-old's, besides me and Browny (Adam Brown) and Cally (Mitchell Callahan), we are the only fourth year guys on this team so we have a great opportunity to be a leader on this team."

Question: Would you be interested in the captaincy?

"I know I am going to be one of the leaders no matter if I have a letter on my jersey. I think their are a lot of guys on the team that are like that. We have so many guys that could wear the 'C' or the 'A'. I don't think it matters who wears it. We are all going to be a leadership group".

No comments: