Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Inductees into Central Okanagan Sports Hall of Fame

   
Former BC Lions receiver Brock Aynsley is one of four new inductees into the Central Okanagan Sports Hall of Fame.

The Kelowna resident was a multi sport athlete, excelling in track and field and football.

"I was no Bo Jackson but I definitely played a number of sports.  I wish I could have continued. In those days you could because of the professionalism. I thoroughly loved track but I had to quit track when I went to professional football."

Aynsley won a Grey Cup with the Montreal Alouettes in 1977.

Inducted into the Team Category is the 1988 Julie Sutton curling team.  The rink won the 1988 World Junior Women's Curling Championships in France.

Third Julie Wood reflects on the strengths of the team.

"As you the years have gone on and we have curled with different people, we now realize how magical it was and how we were suited to every position and how strong we were as a team".

Hockey player Blair Chapman, who was drafted second overall in the 1976 NHL Draft by Pittsburgh and former Kelowna Buckaroos Owner/GM and Coach Wayne North will officially be inducted during a ceremony in November.

No comments: