Saturday, November 2, 2013

Captain MB


The Kelowna Rockets have named 18 year-old Madison Bowey as team captain.
The Winnipeg resident takes over from Colton Sissons, who to at 18, wore the 'C' on his jersey for two seasons. Bowey will follow a similar path.
Head Coach Ryan Huska explains why Bowey was the right choice.   
"A lot of what Madison brings to the table are things that we look for. He is a good person off the ice. First and foremost, that is what we want in our players. He has a presence. He isn't someone that will just do the talking in the dressing room but he can back it on the ice".
Bowey was pleased the coaching staff considered him for the prestigious honour.
"It is definitely an honour to be named the captain of this team. I know we have a lot of great leaders on this team and a lot of guys that could have wore the 'C', but choosing me is an honour and the leadership group is going to help me out so we are going to have a good year.
Why does Bowey believe he is a good choice as captain?
"Every night I try to bring out my best effort out. Guys can come up to me and talk to me if they have problems. If I need to step up in the dressing room and say something off the ice or on the ice I will do that".
Bowey's assistant captains are Myles Bell, Tyson Baillie and Damon Severson.
"I know some guys are older than me and you have to be a more mature player both on and off the ice now and I am definitely ready for that. I have a lot of help with my assistants. It is going to be a challenge but I love challenges and I believe I can rise to the occasion", Bowey added.     

No comments: